Inhalt des Dokuments
Modelling of Cognitive Processes
- © Copyright??
We investigate the neuronal basis of cognitive abilities such as perception, learning and memory, and decision making. To this end, we use mathematical and computational methods to bridge gaps between the microscopic level of synapses, neurons and neuronal networks and the cognitive level. A particular focus lies on how changes on the neuronal level — for example synaptic plasticity — allow our brain to dynamically adjust to environmental requirements. The junior research group of Marianne Maertens  uses psychophysical and computational methods to study the principles of visual perception.
- Our manuscript Learning place cells, grid cells, and invariances with excitatory and inhibitory plasticity has been accepted for publication by eLife.
- We have two open postdoc positions. For details, check out the Jobs  page.
- Our application within the collaborative research grant on "Interneuron Synaptic Plasticity" was successful! Thanks to the DFG for this great opportunity.
- 9.1.18 - Daniel Bush (UCL, London)
- 16.1.18 - Srdjan Ostojic (ENS, Paris)
- 23.1.18 - Gianluigi Mongillo (Université Paris Descartes)
- 30.1.18 - Jaime de la Rocha (Barcelona)
- 13.2.18 - Friedemann Zenke (Oxford)
- 29.5.18 - Gustavo Deco (Barcelona)